Sunday, July 25, 2010

OUR LATEST DOGS



Do you like dogs as much as we do? If so, you will enjoy our latest screen prints that feature our 3 newest pets: GRRR…, ARF and BOW WOW.

15+ years ago Carlos made coasters in a ceramics class that featured these loveable dogs. Over the years they somehow ended up packed in a box and “lost” for a decade or more. After he moved out of his apartment in San Francisco I was organizing his stuff and came across them. If anyone has ever seen how Carlos packs, you will know that everything needed to be repacked. But that is a whole other story.

Anyway, I had the idea to frame these coasters and hang them in our kitchen. Everyone that saw them commented on them and wanted to know if they were for sale or if there were other sets for sale. Unfortunately, these original coasters are not for sale and never will be.

Now we are at Monte Azul and the coasters are again hanging in the our kitchen. Guests still ask if they are for sale. Here at Monte Azul, we tell guests that every wall is a gallery wall yet I kept having to tell the hotel guests that they are not for sale. I think that Carlos would sell them but I say no.

So, I think that I have fixed this issue. We have taken Carlos’ images and turned them into limited edition screen prints. Each image is an edition of 20. The printed image size is 4.75 x 5 inches on paper sized 16 x 11.5 inches. Each prints costs $48. If you are interested in adopting any of these prints, just send me an email and we can start the adoption process.

No comments:

Post a Comment